Vienna the capital city of Austria is known for its coffee houses, cosy wine taverns, imperial palaces and rich history! With so much to see and do, you must plan in advance to make the most of it.
It’s a lovely city and one is tempted to stay longer, but with this guide you can easily visit all the hotspots and experience Viennese Culture in just 2 days.
Here’s my how to spend 48 hours in Vienna!
Travel Tips for Vienna
- Getting Around: Buy a 48 Hour Vienna City Card, priced at € 21.90 -31 (depends on the type you buy – red or white) its complete value for money. It provides discounts on many attractions and free travel. (Available for 24 & 72 hours too)
- Where to Stay: I stayed at Hotel Goldene Spinne during my two day trip to Vienna. It is a family run hotel with nice rooms, big clean toilets and decent Breakfast. The best part about the hotel is its location, it is a few steps away from the Wien-Mitte Train Station and just 5 mins away from the city centre! The Mall at the station is a good option to eat out, when you get late coming back.
- Credit Cards & Cash: Credit cards are widely accepted throughout Vienna, but I’d recommend taking some local currency along if you plan to eat/shop in the local markets.
- Best time to go: You should try visiting Vienna during Spring (April to May) or Fall (September to October). As these are non-tourist seasons you won’t have to jostle for space or stand in long ques for entry. Also the weather is just perfect and not chilly like the winters.
The first day is for the fast track traveller!
We spend this day walking around the Ringstrasse, a historic city centre that can be easily covered on foot. It houses most of Vienna’s major attractions in pretty close range.
We cover the following attractions in Day 01:
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Naturhistorisches Museum
- Kunsthistorisches Museum
- Austrian Parliament Building
- Wiener Rathaus
- Shopping at Stephenplatz
- Time Travel
- Pamper Your Taste Buds
Read the detailed itinerary for Day 01 here.
The second day is all about slow paced sightseeing!
We spend this day enjoying Viennese life to the fullest. We focus less on ticking places off our list, but more on extended coffee breaks, enjoying beautiful views, observing people, eating local cuisine and going for aimless strolls – a wonderful way to spend your last day in Vienna.
We cover the following experiences in Day 02:
- The Giant Ferris Wheel
- Schönbrunn Palace
- Enjoy Sparkling Wine with Pasta
- Captivating Coffee Culture
- Eat like a Local
Read the detailed itinerary for Day 02 here.
That’s all on how to spend 2 amazing days in Vienna! 😊✌️
In the meantime, if you’ve got any questions or thoughts let me know about them in the comments below.